Flows offer a more in depth understanding of specific mobile knowledge areas by grouping together related research.
- Sales of physical goods purchased via mobiles devices such as tablets and smartphones is set to reach $170 billion by 2015.
- Based on a survey in the UK, 30% of tablet users have used their device for online shopping compared to only 25% of smartphone users.
- The UK study also found that a large percentage of mobile consumers that own a tablet or smartphone utilize their device to research products and services before purchase.
- ABI Research predicts that mobile wallets utilizing NFC chips are set to take off between 2012 and 2016.
- By 2016 it is forecasted that their will be 594 million NFC enabled mobile wallets.
- Carriers and integrated vendors such as Apple and Google will be battling for control of the mobile wallet eco-system, reports ABI Research.
- According to Juniper Research mobile coupon redemption driven by in-store promotions and brick & mortar retailers will exceed $43 billion worldwide by 2016.
Mobile Research in this Flow
- Tablet vs. Smartphone Online Shopping Trends and Mobile Payments UK
- [Analysis] Mobile Walletand NFC Smartphone Forecast, Wireless Carriers Control will Shrink
- Mobile Coupon Redemption Set to Reach $43 Billion by 2016
- 50% of U.S. Online Users That Own Tablets Research Products/Services for Purchase on Their Devices