Most smartphone platforms are approximately evenly split between males and females except Blackberry and Android which are dominated more by females and males, respectively. Also, CTRs are higher among males.
- CTR, click through rate, measures the clicks on ads per user.
- eCPM, effective cost per thousand impressions, measures the cost of displaying an ad 1,000 times in an app.
- CTR is higher among males (2.73%) versus females (1.65%).
- The top three app categories for females are entertainment (eCPM $1.44, CTR 2.97%), social/IM (eCPM $0.52, CTR 0.43%), and brain/puzzles (eCPM $0.63, CTR 1.02%).
- The top three app categories for males are sports (eCPM $1.04, CTR 2.43%), arcade/action (eCPM $1.04, CTR 2.43%), and cards/casino ($0.63, 1.02%).
- 39% of Android users are females, with 61% being male.
- 49% of iPhone users are females, with 51% being male.
- 59% of Blackberry users are females, with 41% being male.
- 49% of Symbian users are females, with 51% being male.
Source: inneractive (August 23, 2011)
Image Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, triangle attempt by San Diego Shooter